SORD DATA SYSTEMS AND DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL - WIFI4EU
We are delighted to announce that Sord Data Systems has been chosen by Donegal County Council for their WiFi4EU project that will involve the deployment
of 75 hotspots across 5 different municipal districts in the county. Work on installing these hotspots will begin this January.
WHO ARE WE?
Sord Data Systems are an Irish-owned company that have specialized in delivering innovative IT infrastructure solutions within the Irish market for over
30 years. We are partners with industry-leading companies such as Cisco Meraki and HP. At Sord, we provide the complete suite of Cisco Meraki cloud
managed infrastructure, including Wireless LAN and WAN, Security and SD-WAN, Switching, MDM and Smart Security Cameras.
WHAT IS WIFI4EU?
Sord Data Systems are a registered installer for WiFi4EU. The WiFi4EU initiative is an initiative set up by the EU which aims to provide high-quality Internet
access across the EU to citizens and visitors via free of charge Wi-Fi hotspots in public spaces such as parks, squares, libraries, and health centres
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
The residents of Donegal and any visitors will benefit from the high-quality Wi-Fi hotspots that will be deployed throughout the county. Five municipal
districts have been chosen - Glenties, Inishowen, Stranorlar, Letterkenny and Donegal. Within each of these municipalities, there will be 15 hotspots
deployed in different locations.
BENEFITS OF THE WIFI4EU INITIATIVE:
- Provides free internet connectivity for citizens
- Increases locals satisfaction
- Meraki's analytics can help to better understand the local citizens and use of public buildings
- Helps to reduce queues and waiting times
- Help with the processes of planning new buildings and services
- The community will become more engaged and connected
- Tourist information can be dispersed more effectively thanks to location analytics