NEW MERAKI PER-DEVICE LICENCING MODEL
Cisco Meraki have just announced the launch of their new Per-Device Licencing Model which will give users more flexibility when dealing with their Meraki
Traditionally every device and software product in the Meraki dashboard all had the same expiration date.
But with Per-Device Licencing, users are able to assign licences to specific devices, networks or organisation allowing IT teams to maintain a single,
shared or various expiration dates easily across their network infrastructure.
While the traditional Co-Terminus Model reduces the complexity of licencing for customers, it does not meet the needs of everyone. For example, some organisations
may have conflicting budgeting processes and other accounting requirements. The new Per-Device Model is driving home Meraki's mission for simplicity
It also comes with a tonne of new features and capabilities:
- License Devices Individually: Assign a license to a specific device (MR, MS, MX, MV, MG) or a network (in the case of vMX and SM licenses)
and maintain a shared expiration date or separate expiration dates across devices, networks, or organizations.
- Partial Renewals: Enjoy the ability to renew all your devices or a subset of devices, as you prefer.
- Move Licenses Between Orgs: Org Admins (Read/Write) on multiple organizations are able to move a license (or licenses & devices
together) between those organizations without calling Meraki support. This functionality is available through the dashboard and APIs.
- 90 Day License Activation Window: You will have up to 90 days to claim and assign your licenses before they activate – giving you
more lead time to deploy Meraki products.
- APIs: APIs (Application Programming Interface) are available to claim, assign and move licenses. This will allow a greater level of
automation and the ability to integrate with other systems.
- Individual Device Shutdowns: If a license expires on a device, only that individual device or product will shut down (after the 30
day grace period).
For ore information about the Per-Device Licencing Model and how Meraki can transform your networking infrastructure, contact Sord Data Systems, we will
be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.